CCC Information Services Inc. is the technology platform for the underwritten assets economy. CCC technology, insights, and support connect industries – insurers, automotive manufacturers, collision repairers, parts suppliers, lenders, fleet operators and more – to advance decision-making, productivity, and customer experiences for thousands of clients worldwide. Clients leverage CCC’s network management, data management, AI, operational workflows and customer experience solutions to efficiently scale, interact, transact and achieve their unique business objectives. CCC was ranked a best mid-sized company to work for by Forbes (2019). BuiltIn Chicago, Austin and LA named CCC a top place to work in 2020. Diverse perspectives and experiences are core to CCC’s success and award-winning culture of more than 2,000 employees worldwide. We hold inclusion as a core value and are committed to celebrating and cultivating the diversity of our team. With a 40+ year track record of innovation, CCC’s tenacious spirit and growth mindset turn next generation technology into real world solutions and empower team members to expand their knowledge and potential. Headquartered in Chicago, CCC has 11 locations worldwide. CCC’s principal PE investors are Advent International, Technology Crossover Ventures, and Oak Hill Capital Find out more about CCC Information Services by visiting cccis.com.
Job Description Summary
The business consultant at CCC Information Services is part of the Solutions & Consulting group and plays a critical role in supporting the Insurance Services Group. CCC's consultants provide support to clients as partners in optimizing their operations. Consultants support CCC sales and account managers by recommending process improvement solutions, developing strategies, and building business cases to justify investment in CCC's products. CCC’s consultants serve as the eyes and ears to our market and identify opportunities to enhance CCC’s product suite by working with the broader CCC team to bring new and enhanced solutions to market. CCC’s Solutions & Consulting Practice is made up of individuals that leverage their management consulting experience and skills to drive value creation for CCC’s clients. The ideal candidate will bring structure, critical thinking, and creative solutions to the organization. He /she will be highly organized and detailed oriented. He/she will have a positive attitude, strong consulting skills and be able to plan and prioritize multiple projects. He/she will ensure project deadlines are understood and being met and will set appropriate expectations with the customer or prospect. CCC’s consultants serve as the eyes and ears to our market and identify opportunities to enhance CCC’s product suite by working with the broader CCC team to bring new and enhanced solutions to market. CCC’s Solutions & Consulting Practice is made up of individuals that leverage their management consulting experience and skills to drive value creation for CCC’s clients. The ideal candidate will bring strong consulting skills including critical thinking, oral and written communication skills, business process design, and financial and operational analysis skills. Knowledge of Auto and Casualty insurance vertical claims processes and insurance operations is key to becoming a top performer within CCC.
- Leverage strategic and operational business consulting skills to help clients improve their financial outcomes, operational efficiencies, and customer satisfaction
- Partner with prospective and current customers to identify and evaluate opportunities for performance improvement and provide actionable recommendations
- Analysis of large data sets to provide actionable insights to clients
- Development of value proposition material for CCC product suite
- Development of repeatable client engagement material both for internal and external projects (i.e. process reviews, sales approach, software pilots, etc.)
- Work with CCC’s Product Development organization to identify and request solution enhancements
- Bachelor’s degree required
- STEM, Finance, or Business majors preferred
- 3-6 years of work experience in a top tier technology or management consulting firm, software company, or equivalent
- Adept at business case requirement gathering, including ability to confidently draw out necessary data by asking questions that lead to meaningful conclusions
- Ability to identify and evaluate performance improvement opportunities, leveraging financial and operational metrics
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with comfort presenting information to clients