Director, Product Owner 1st Party Casualty
Job Description Summary
This newly created position will lead the Casualty 1st Party Product Owner team, working in tandem with a product development lead, quality assurance, development operations, and content development group. As a member of the Casualty technology leadership team, this person will lead the analysis of product requirements and market needs to drive efficient prioritization and implementation. Responsible for key quality outcomes through product testing and validation. You'll also work with the existing development teams to ensure scope definition, integrations, and adherence to enterprise requirements.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate closely with Product management and Product development to take projects from early business requirements to rapidly create and validate a product vision
- Collaborate with Product Management team to support priorities from the product road map
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders at the executive level to elicit customer feedback and understand priorities
- Prioritize development enhancements and product requests by making smart, decisive trade offs using data-driven analysis and sound judgment
- Create product development plan
- Develop estimates for business cases for new product features or significant product enhancements including: proposed solution, effort, costs, and execution plan
- Work with Quality team to ensure non-functional, behavioral and functional requirements meet our standards
- Interpret results of analysis, prepare and present outcomes to senior leadership.
- Identify gaps in tools and processes, and work collaboratively to resolve.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve data issues, working with IT Operations and other areas as needed.
- Participate in quarterly and yearly reviews
- Review work of peers to ensure high quality and effectiveness.
- Provide leadership and guidance to peers and team members.
- Has overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, and recommending and implementing changes to methods.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree preferred
- At least 5 years of software development in the Casualty insurance industry
- At least 10 years of people leadership experience
- 12+ years software systems development and analysis experience
- Proven experience interfacing with internal-cross functional teams
- Strong understanding of software development life cycle
- Excellent written communication skills - documentation, presentations, and flowchart
- Excellent verbal communication skills – business partners, internal customers, senior management, business analysts, developers and other cross functional teams
- Advanced knowledge of all aspects of Microsoft Office suite of products
- Ability to travel up to once per month